Wednesday, April 11, 2007

With these pictures, I think you should all be up to date. This was Hava's dedication ceremony at our congregation in Richardson, Eitz Chaim (Tree of Life). It took place on Saturday, March 24, the day before Hava was 2-months old. In Judaism it is tradition to have a naming/dedication ceremony for girls after they are at least 1 month old. (Lev. 12:5-7, 27:1-8, 28). We wish all of you could have been here this day, but hopefully these pics will bring you a blessing. (Special thanks to the Ayers sisters who helped with the pics!!!)

At the beginning of the ceremony, I explained to the congregation about my parents being in Brazil. They had just arrived from a missionary trip on the amazon that very day and were sad they could not be there for this important time in Hava's life...so, they were there...



This is Eli holding the phone to the microphone. Dad prayed over Hava's life via technology! They kept listening on the phone to hear the rest of the ceremony.
This is us listening to Dad's prayer.
This is Eli again with another very close friend of ours on the phone, our rabbi from Florida was kind enough to participate as well and pray over Hava.
This is me introducing Grandma (GG to Hava) since the L-rd so blessed and allowed her to be at the dedication of her 6th great-grandchild.

GG praying for Hava.This is our chazzan who was leading us in the naming ceremony.Al and I read scripture from Song of Songs, as is custom, over our precious girl....then the chazzan blessed her with the Aaronic Benediction.This is the specific part where Al proudly announced her name, Hava.

I, then, prayed over her life and ours. I got all choked up and didn't pray all the things I thought I would, but I know the L-rd sees my heart daily and knows our desires for Hava's life. Al prayed in Portuguese while I translated. He was sooooooo nervous.....he completely forgot what he was going to say, but he did a great job and I know he was so proud and glad to have this moment in time with Hava and the L-rd.

The final picture of us. What a wonderful day.
Sidenote: To all you mommies out there....I was a mess this day. I had this cute little white dress for Hava that I even saved to put on her until RIGHT BEFORE we did this...of course, she spit up on it immediately!!! Oh, well..it matches! :o) Then, I ended up leaving half of our stuff at the congregation because I am so forgetful these days...we had to retrieve it all the next week.

1 comment:

jasonandjennyt said...

Oh, you'll find out babies love to spit up on pretty clothes....Tyler has done that everytime I've dressed him up!

Matthew 6:33

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well."