Saturday, June 02, 2007

I Admit to Being a Horribly Human Mother
I don't even know if you can make it out in this picture, but, I was cutting Hava's fingernails yesterday and did what I hoped I would never do...I cut her precious little finger! It was the smallest snippet I think I have ever seen, but it bled like no tomorrow - I felt horrible. My first reaction was to stick it in my mouth to stop the bleeding, then she took it from me and stuck it in her mouth....after she realized it didn't taste as good as usual.....she stuck it back in my mouth! ha!:o) It made me reminisce about my absent-mindedness of new mommyhood:
- the day I almost burnt the house down when I forgot I put some of her bottles to sterilize in boiling water, we all went to take a nap and when we woke up...there was a housefull of smoke! (of course, NONE of our smoke alarms worked...nice hint!)
- the day I locked my precious baby in the car when I thought I was being careful with her, I didn't want to get her out in the heat, but I had put the keys away as not to scratch her when I took her out...then I went to make sure the door was open that we were going into...and I closed her car door!
- the numerous days she tries to help me get her out of her seat and I bump her head on the ceiling of the car.
- and now, the day I made my baby shed her first blood.

Any of you mommies out there who feel like you have done a horrible, unimaginable danger to your child....rest assured, you are not alone. Love really does conquer all!
So, before you look at this -NO, this is not a norm for Hava...but I just noticed one day that she was watching TV! So, I sat her in her stroller to see if it was for real....IT WAS! She must be our daughter!

She is continuing to eat better and better...and is usually a happy eater. I think she likes oatmeal better than rice, but she can down 4 tablespoons of either in no time..and she doesn't even want a bottle of milk to help her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture of Hava in her stroller watching TV is great! Put a smile on my face. =0) I'll have to take a picture of how attentively Kefa watches movies with us. He's not even interested in eating when a movie is on.

And yay for liking solid foods! She seemed to have caught onto that a lot quicker than her bottle. ;0)

I have no idea how much rice cereal Kefa is eating, we don't have any measuring spoons in the house, but I know he likes it! He lunges for the spoon any time it's remotely near his face. I bought some veggies for him to try. I think I'm going to start with peas... We'll see what he things of those.

Matthew 6:33

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well."